Thursday, November 12, 2009

The man you are praying for.

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands,...so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

This sums David up. A while back David received a card from a special young lady thanking him for what he did with her and how he helped her horse too. Monday another card came in and a Grandmother had shared with me how David had helped her grandson in the same way. Calls have been coming in and the word dependable is ALWAYS mentioned when they talk about David. A client of his called this morning and she said that she just knew something had to be wrong because she hadn't heard from him...

David is one of the most intelligent people that I've ever known. The thing I love about him the most is that he didn't care who knew this or if you did know this. He doesn't use big words and didn't feel the need to impress people. He sure wouldn't have made the cover of magazines with his fashion statement either! David loved horseshoeing and wished that he had been doing it all his life and he even told me one time that if he could he would have done it for free...I'm finding out that he has done it for free and many times. Especially, when it comes to kids. David had kids calling him a lot even when the parents didn't know that they were calling because their special four legged friend needed help...speaks volumes for this fine man. He is also a history nut and can tell you anything you need to know about it and he is also a certified welder. He is one of the best when it comes to working and training a horse. David is 48 years old and has had horses most of his life. This is something that has been passed on to Emma and he often says that she is better! He has always been there for us and in everything that we do and supported what we wanted to do.

We are getting prayers from all over the United States and we appreciate that and I just thought for those of you who didn't know his story, maybe this will help. He continues to be upbeat and pushes himself everyday to get that right leg working.

We have an appointment on November 30 at Kirklin and I think it will be more of a check than anything.

With love and hugs
Joy

3 comments:

  1. Joy, thanks so much for sharing this. I always knew he had a great big heart. He has to be a fine man to catch a girl like you!! Love to all of you. Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, anyone who loves horses is a man after my own kind!!! Though, I must admit I didn't marry one. I married a guy that plucked me up and replanted me in the city. I still grow crooked here. I am NOT a city girl! And the older I get, the more my roots come out! I miss having lots of land. cows, ponds, and bush-hogging. But mostly, I MISS our horses!

    David sounds precious! (I know YOU are!) I hate I never got to know him better.

    Meanwhile? I'm still praying for you both!
    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, so beautifully written! Thank you for sharing this. I continue praying for you, David and Emma and admire the way you are all handling this tough situation with such grace.

    Kelley Tracy

    ReplyDelete