Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Final Biopsy Results

David went back to the surgeon today. He got his staples out and his wound looks good. Unfortunately, the biopsy shows one tumor with both Grade 3 Astrocytoma and Grade 4 Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) cells. (The Astrocytoma progresses into the GBM so it is really one type of cancer but the cells are in two stages) The treatment for this type of brain tumor is chemo and radiation, however neither treatment is a "cure". The hope is to slow down the growth of the tumor, but it is a terminal diagnosis. They have been given a prognosis for a possible length of time that they can expect, but David does not want to tell anyone what it is as he does not want to focus on that and they ask that no one ask them. He is still going to see Dr Nabors at UAB for a second opinion and expects to have his treatments at the Montgomery Cancer Center. They are awaiting word on that appointment date and time.

Needs:
#1 PRAYER for ALL the Hills
#2 short visits with 1-2 people at a time but not more than 5-10 minutes at a time and morning time is best ie 8 am - 12 noon because he gets so tired and the overstimulation causes him to have seizures.
#3 food is ok right now but would appreciate more at the first of the month
#4 Contributions for house cleaning by Gaylynn can be made to Alan or Dara Turner or Cathy Brown
#5 Help spread the word about #2 needing to be very short visits as not everyone uses internet

Joy asked me to post this information for her as this is a difficult day for them and alot to process. I would be glad to answer any questions if I can. In His Love, Cathy Brown

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Cathy.

    David, Joy and Emma, we're still faithfully praying for you. With love, Bob & Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, Joy, and Emma,
    We will be praying daily for your comfort and peace. We know that our God is the Great Physician and we will certainly be praying for his healing touch.

    In Christian Love,
    Tommy and Nancy Sanford

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, Joy, and Emma,
    Just want you to know that you are in our prayers.

    With Love,
    Joel and Wendy Barnes

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will keep you in our prayers.
    Danny & Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, Joy, and Emma,

    We are praying for you and love you. If we can do anything for you don't hesitate to call.

    Joy, I work in Birmingham and am here during the week. (Mikki) If you need a place to stop in for a rest or whatever, my apt is behind the Summit. I'd be more than happy to help. My cell # is 334-652-4900.

    Mikki and Butch Ruttan

    ReplyDelete
  6. David, Joy and Emma.....I have learned to love your whole family through David over the past few years....It is a inspiration to see a man that loves his family sooooo very much. I am praying for your family daily...I know that all things are possible through our GOD...Prayer is awesome....so we will continue to get this prayer chain going....I love you all. Sharon Childers

    ReplyDelete
  7. We know prayer works so we will be praying for you and your family. We are also adding you to our prayer list at church.
    Andy and Sherri Markos

    ReplyDelete
  8. David, Joy and Emma, Our prayers are with you during this trying time. I've gone thru a simuliar situation. I had to turn it all over to God. When I did this, I had a peace that I'd never felt before. God is your strength. Rely on God. Joy, if you need to talk, I'm here anytime and if you need anything--I mean anything , please get with me. God bless this family!!! Glenda Watson Beasley

    ReplyDelete