Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What's on my mind this morning.

I woke up before the chickens this morning and had this on my mind to share with you. It's 5:25 so apologies to my English and Typing teachers. David and I just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary and our awesome daughter turned 17 Monday...We have so much to be thankful for. We met 29 years ago, (thanks Willie), on the campus of Wetumpka High School. He has been my best friend from that time on. He has been incredible these past two weeks. . If you didn't know it already, when he was informed of his condition and the room cleared, he simply looked at me and said "God must have a plan for me and really is using me." Of course, I told him "WE." He hasn't asked once why, or even expressed anger. In fact, yesterday he told the nurse, "leave it me to have two." He went on further to say "at least it's not four four's." What an awesome man. He truly is one of the bravest, strongest men that I've known. Both of us had a peace about us yesterday and it truly was God carrying us and that was from the prayers that each and every one of you sent out. I'm grateful. When I walked out to tell my Dad and Dennis yesterday I had a strength that I didn't know that I could have. God is in control and I know there's only one set of footprints right now. Thank you for the posts, emails and calls...I've passed them all on to him. Thank you to the men's class for what you did...Keep praying for us as that is such a gift ...Big hugs and lots of love to you this morning....David, Joy and Emma.

16 comments:

  1. You both are a reflection of Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
    Love, Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and prayers to the three of you.
    You are always on my mind and in my prayers.
    Love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,
    I am praying for you all. I am truly in awe of your strength and David's courage. Thank you for being an inspiration.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, David, and Emma,

    I just can't believe everything that's going on. I am saying prayers by the dozen. It's unimaginable what you are going through. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with your entire family. We love and miss you here at the office.

    Terri Vaughn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy, David, and Emma,
    You do not know me, but I wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am a staff attorney for the Chief Justice, and have heard much about you from court staff. The outpouring of love, support, and concern for you here at the courthouse is a testimony to what amazing people you must be. May God bless you and keep you close in this difficult time.

    Elizabeth B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you friend. Positive thoughts and prayers always. R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep staying strong, prayers are truly with you you all day. Your strength is great.

    Vivian Hollis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joy, David, and Emma,

    I have had all of you in my thoughts and prayers daily. Your faith in God and your love for each other will be your strength during the difficult times. God will take care of you, because he knows how special you are.

    Love you,
    Donna Ames

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Do not fear for I am with you do not be dismayed for I am your God I will strengthen you and help you I will up hold you with my rightous right hand.
    Is. 41:10

    Love,
    Rhonda, Joe, Danielle & Drew

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are praying for y'all.... We love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy,

    I am praying for you, Emma, and David. I saw this blog on my facebook page and couldn't believe it.

    Leigh Ann Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... what a testimony! I love you guys and know God will touch countless people through this situation. I will continue to pray for you as you face each day.

    I'm here if you need ANYTHING.
    Love ya, Mikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mark,KK,Zachary and Joshua RodieJuly 16, 2009 at 8:59 AM

    We wanted to let you all know we have been praying for your family.God will be with you always and yes he does have a plan for David and your family. If there is anything you need please let us know.
    God Bless,
    Mark,KK,Zachary and Joshua Rodie

    ReplyDelete
  14. David, Joy & Emma,
    Your father and family mean so much to Calvary Baptist Church. Please know they each and everyone of us is lifting you up in prayer. We pray for strength and reassurance. God is the Great Physician and the One who is in control.

    God Bless,
    Renea Mitchell
    (Calvary Bapitst Church)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joy, Your strong faith, trust and hope is such a blessing! It's evident that God is at work on a special plan for you all. Cancer can be so dreadful. I had cancer three years ago and I can honestly state that my cancer was a magnificent blessing! I got to see God's love and strength at work in me and through me. His Grace and Peace are so awesome! Remember that He is in control. He will take care of everything because yall are His'. All things work together for the good to those who love Him. Romans 8:28 I am praying every day! Jenny, Calvary Baptist Church, Wetumpka, AL

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just found out about your blog site last night. We want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Please stay strong.
    Let us know if you need anything. Love to all.

    Fred & Brenda Sides

    ReplyDelete